Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Little Misunderstood

Sometimes as an adult I forget that kids don't always know the meanings to commonly used phrases that WEREN'T meant to be taken LITERALLY!!! For example: Cut the cheese, Saw some logs, Don't push my buttons, I'm so hungry I could eat a horse, Slap me silly, or I feel fit as a fiddle. Okay these aren't great, but it was what I came up with last minute!

Anyway, anyone who knows me, knows that I can say some pretty weird phrases. Well earlier today, I went in to help Tayden on the potty (Yes, I still make sure he wipes all the way clean!!!) and I gave him the go-ahead to "flush that puppy down". I use the word "puppy" to refer to many things, in this case it was poop! He started to get panicked and said I don't want to flush him down! Now I am thinking "What in the crap?" Literally, CRAP, flush it down! But I looked down to see him holding a stuffed dog! So I quickly cleared that misunderstanding up! Good thing he doesn't listen to me ALL of the time or we would be having major plumbing issues!

9 comments:

Adrianne said...

malia....your funny!! I started laughing!! What a funny mom you are!!

Mindy and Shane said...

Tayden is such a cutie! I laughed so hard when I read it because I could totally picture the look on his face! Priceless!

the Tonioli's said...

CUTE! I love that story. It totally fits the Roundy family. (By that I mean how funny it is not meaning the crap stuff.)

The Rashall Family said...

Absolutely hilarious. I miss you - we so need to hang out!

Lindsay said...

That is hilarious! I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm a parent. I guess we forget about how we thought about things when we were kids.

Paige & Taylor said...

Malia!! How are you?! So.. my mom said that you came over the other day! You have to come visit when i'm home for the christmas break! I wanna see you! haha (and i guess you can come visit miquelle too :)

the laytons. said...

that's great! i love hearing those kind of stories!

Emily said...

Malia, I'm not sure if you will remember me or not. We used to live in Nibley Gardens about 3 years ago, The Babcocks. I was blog surfing and found yours through Cody and Miquelle, (I went to middle school with Cody) Anyways, I am so excited to see that you are doing well, and your new little boy is super cute!!! Would love to catch up with you, my email address is ejtjb@yahoo.com and our blog is http://thetjbabcockfamily.blogspot.com Would love to hear from you!!

Emily

Jared said...

Bo Roundy...WOW it has been years since I last saw you in the MTC. I thought you were going to come and hang out with me in Cali! Hit me up and let me know whats going with you these days. My email is jseamons@gmail.com or our blog is theseamonsfamily.blogspot.com. Hope to hear from you soon.
Jared Seamons